Check out all our Upcoming Release announcements
New release from: NIGHTSHADOW – Strike Them Dead (May 07, 2021)
“We are very happy that this album is finally seeing the light of day. It’s our first full-length album and it’s been in the works for a couple of years, so it’s exciting that it is finally done. We got killer artwork for the cover, great production, and it sounds awesome. For a small band like us, having a debut album that looks and sounds as good as it does is really exciting! From the first song to the last song, it’s high-energy, it flows really well, it’s just non-stop. We can’t wait for everyone to hear it!” – Nightshadow
Unleashing the rhythmic beasts with fast, aggressive, and heavy melodic passion, Nightshadow brings unforgiving committed focus to epic power metal with the rich, powerful, dynamic force in the vocals of singer Brian Dell; thunderous, exhilarated energy of drummer Sean Woodman; dominating, double lead shredding magic in guitarists Nick Harrington and Danny Fang; rounding out with the crushing, methodical thumping of bassist Chris Bader laying a secure concrete foundation.
Originally formed in 2012 by guitarist Nick Harrington who then moved years later to San Diego to connect with his remaining band members, Nightshadow pounded the stage hard at their debut show in July 2016 and quickly developed a solid reputation with enthusiastic feedback and strong positive audience responses to their metal musical efforts fused with influences of Amon Amarth, King Diamond, Slayer, Helloween, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Hammerfall, and Stratovarius.
With tight instrumentation blended with intense perfection of notes hit on point, Nightshadow further established themselves by sharing the stage with the best of San Diego’s local talent as well as opening for national acts including Appice Brothers, The Iron Maidens, Geoff Tate’s Operation: Mindcrime, Marty Friedman, Hammerfall, Beastö Blancö, and Adrenaline Mob.
BAND STORY ANGLES / FUN FACTS:
1. Vocals and drums for the album were recorded in a studio, while the guitars and bass were recorded by the members themselves at home.
2. Our bass player Chris lost his left hand in an accident out in the desert when he was a junior in high school. He had gotten his first bass for Christmas that year and the accident was in April. His hand was reattached but his mobility is limited because his thumb and wrist are fused. He learned to play bass like that and he makes it work. He’s also a pretty good golfer on top of it.
3. Nick has been a big fan of video games almost his whole life and draws some inspiration from game soundtracks. Some of his riffs are derived from music he’s heard in video games.
4. Danny has a tendency to noodle on his guitar a lot. We can be just hanging outside after a rehearsal and he still has his guitar (not plugged in) and just keeps playing away, kind of like Skwisgaar from Metalocalypse.
5. Sean is the only member of the band with formal music training. He teaches music for a living and has a Master’s Degree.
This album is a straight-up banger from start to finish. It was a long time in the works and we’re very happy with the final result. From the first song to the last song, it’s high-energy, it flows really well, it’s just non-stop.
Check out all our Upcoming Release announcements here.
Listen to the new music on CGCM Radio and join our socials: